Amazon Prime is hands down the best yearly service we choose to pay for. It’s amazing to have FREE two-day delivery on ANY and I MEAN ANY product we order. You can gain your opportunity to experience Prime for the really awesome price of free! Yep, you read it right. Just off the top here are a few perks of being a Prime member.
- Kindle lending service- You can check out books for FREE on your Kindle device.
- Amazon Prime Streaming- If you think Netflix is great you’ll love Amazon’s rendition. It’s great! So many movies for the entire family to choose from.
- FREE 2 day shipping- Recently we ordered a basketball goal. Not only did we strike an awesome deal but we had it shipped (it weighed 75 lbs.) to our door FREE.
Follow this link to get the Prime experience today!
I remember the first time I walked into what is now one of my absolute favorite places to shop. I was taken back just a little but I knew my boyfriend (who is now my husband) was probably watching my reaction very closely and I didn’t want to turn my nose up too much or else things may not have gotten much further (ha, ha.. just kidding! errm kind of). I believe we stopped in because he needed to get laundry detergent and just so happened to be driving near this diamond in the rough. It was called B and E Salvage Store. When we walked in it looked to me like a giant mess! It had a terrible layout and I’d never seen tampons beside frozen pretzels in any other store. We walked around and finally got to the laundry detergent (which was probably somewhere near toothpaste and under cat food. <- ha, ha) and they just so happened to have my favorite (at that time) laundry detergent! It was Tide Simple Pleasures in the Lavender & Vanilla scent. I looked at the price tag and it was only HALF the price of what it was sold for in Target (my other absolute favorite store). I couldn’t believe it. Was it watered down? No! Was it half empty? No! Well what was wrong with it… absolutely nothing. I was so excited and pretty much from that moment on I was sold on this “salvage yard”.
That has been many years ago and I have continued to shop at B and E Salvage (located just off Preston Highway in Louisville). I’ve scored SO many deals there I couldn’t even begin to name them all. Shopping at a salvage grocery store has opened me up to trying so many different foods and products because the price has allowed for it! Most things are at least half-off what they are in regular stores and sometimes even more. It’s so exciting to go in and dig around and see what they might have. You couldn’t possibly ever predict what they might have in stock.
What’s the catch?
Well here it is.. the downside to shopping at a salvage grocery store.
Sometimes you might have to sacrifice a pretty can because many will have dents. Sometimes you might pick up a delicious box of crackers and see it expired a couple of weeks ago or it will expire in just a couple of days and you doubt your family will have time to eat them all. But all of that’s okay! Because you can put back the dented can (if you really must) and dig just a little more and you might find a perfect can of exactly the same thing and as far as the crackers.. Well you can pass on those too and just move on to the other crackers that aren’t expired (or eat them expired, whatever).
The only other frustrating matter I find at B and E is the poor organization. However I understand it would be very hard for them to have a completely organized layout considering they never know from week to week what they will have in stock.
Some of the BEST deals I have landed at B and E Salvage:
- Boxes of 272 Huggies Diapers for only $30 (this was before I got all crazy about cloth diapers and that was a reallllly huge discount on dipes IMO)
- Boxes of 800 Huggies Baby Wipes for only $5.99
- 4 packs of Atkins shakes for $2 (really, those things are SO expensive in the stores a 4 pack is something like $6)
- Bottles of Gatorade & Propel for just $0.25
- Neutrogena & Aveeno sunscreen that is usually $11 in stores for only $3
- Peeled, Pitted and individually packaged avocados
- Very expensive body washes, hair products, facial creams and serums for only $2-3
The list of awesome things to be found in B and E could really go on and on. If you are a deal seeking person I highly recommend finding a salvage grocery store in your area and hitting it up a couple of times a month (or more).